As we said, we are new to all of this no grain, however, some things we have been doing for awhile. So, on our journey, we will be sharing where we purchase/find products.
Raw Milk – We live in the midwest and are getting our milk from a local farmer (legal in our state). Check here for local providers: http://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/
Eggs – The urban farmer across the street charges $2 a dozen! Check Craigslist and your local farmer’s market to find a local source!
Local Sourced Meats – We try and get our beef from local family farmer. P- has a hunting family so they have venison every season.
NO GRAINS!!! So we are using non-grain flour. We are trying to track down the least expensive (ie – CHEAP but quality) Coconut Flour and Almond Flour.
- Hy-Vee – a local grocery store that offers bulk and packaged flours. This is NOT the most affordable but totally the most convenient.
- Whole Foods – we do have a local one – however it is over 40 minutes away so not the most convenient.
- Amazon.com – If you are purchasing bulk – this seems to be the best option.
- Nutiva.com – They do sell bulk so it seems affordable. Haven’t ordered from them yet.
- Hy-Vee – again our local source
- Whole Foods – still too far for the price.
- Honeyville.com – This product is available on Amazon and at their own store. Check pricing with shipping to see which is cheaper.
- Nuts.com – This seems like a good source to purchase online